We are Family!


It is official! We are now a family! On Monday afternoon, we went to the Adoption Centre of Chongqing and made it official. All of the families were so excited (or frazzled from the lack of sleep or combination of the 2) that at least 3 families (us included) forgot to bring our camcorders for this most important event!!! At least we had our still cameras and were able to take photos. Actually, because we had done the paperwork before meeting Katie there wasn't much for us to do except have a family photo taken there and add our thumbprint to the adoption documents. Katie decided to try and handprint by getting her entire hand inked!

Here is the moment the adoption became official. Notice her cool shoes!
Katie, as usual, has been very good. In fact, all of the babies from our orphanage have been very good adjusting to their new families. As far as I can tell, all are happy with good dispositions - possibly a sign of how well-loved and well taken care of they have been. Many are having feeding issues but I'm glad to say that Katie is starting to take in more formula. One of the parents said his daughter drank more when given an extremely warm (but not hot) bottle. We tried this and Katie took to it more than at the lukewarm temperature that was suggested earlier. The nannies had indicated that there is not a set temperature for the bottles because it varied depending on when they received their bottle. There are 3 nannies to 17 babies - I think the 3 nannies may be on different shifts working 8 hour days each, so actually the ratio could be 1 nanny to 17 babies, but I'm not sure. I had heard that there are other helpers as well.
The nannies said all of the babies love the bath and we found Katie is no exception. She especially loves to slap the water and doesn't mind getting a shampoo at all.
Katie continues to be good-natured and attentive as you can see in the photos. (We are having problems posting photos so a big thank you to Marty's Dad for uploading them for us!) For example, when she is in the Baby Bjorn carrier supported by Marty, she likes to stare up at him and watch him. Thanks AB for the loan of the carrier - you're right, it is one of the best: easy to use and comfortable too. She does like it when we walk around while carrying her. Now I find myself rocking back and forth when standing, regardless of whether I am carrying her or not! Other parents in our group confirmed they are also doing this so don't think I'm going crazy!
Many of us parents here are not getting as much sleep as we would normally like - due in part to jet lag, excitement and tending to our babies in the middle of the night. It's all good though and we are very happy - sleepy and bleary eyed, but happy!


It is official! We are now a family! On Monday afternoon, we went to the Adoption Centre of Chongqing and made it official. All of the families were so excited (or frazzled from the lack of sleep or combination of the 2) that at least 3 families (us included) forgot to bring our camcorders for this most important event!!! At least we had our still cameras and were able to take photos. Actually, because we had done the paperwork before meeting Katie there wasn't much for us to do except have a family photo taken there and add our thumbprint to the adoption documents. Katie decided to try and handprint by getting her entire hand inked!

Here is the moment the adoption became official. Notice her cool shoes!
Katie, as usual, has been very good. In fact, all of the babies from our orphanage have been very good adjusting to their new families. As far as I can tell, all are happy with good dispositions - possibly a sign of how well-loved and well taken care of they have been. Many are having feeding issues but I'm glad to say that Katie is starting to take in more formula. One of the parents said his daughter drank more when given an extremely warm (but not hot) bottle. We tried this and Katie took to it more than at the lukewarm temperature that was suggested earlier. The nannies had indicated that there is not a set temperature for the bottles because it varied depending on when they received their bottle. There are 3 nannies to 17 babies - I think the 3 nannies may be on different shifts working 8 hour days each, so actually the ratio could be 1 nanny to 17 babies, but I'm not sure. I had heard that there are other helpers as well.
The nannies said all of the babies love the bath and we found Katie is no exception. She especially loves to slap the water and doesn't mind getting a shampoo at all.
Katie continues to be good-natured and attentive as you can see in the photos. (We are having problems posting photos so a big thank you to Marty's Dad for uploading them for us!) For example, when she is in the Baby Bjorn carrier supported by Marty, she likes to stare up at him and watch him. Thanks AB for the loan of the carrier - you're right, it is one of the best: easy to use and comfortable too. She does like it when we walk around while carrying her. Now I find myself rocking back and forth when standing, regardless of whether I am carrying her or not! Other parents in our group confirmed they are also doing this so don't think I'm going crazy!
Many of us parents here are not getting as much sleep as we would normally like - due in part to jet lag, excitement and tending to our babies in the middle of the night. It's all good though and we are very happy - sleepy and bleary eyed, but happy!


1 Comments:
I know what you mean about swaying back and forth even when you don't have baby with you! Happens to me to! That's not so bad - what you need to be wary of is unconsciously singing kid songs out loud at work - Patrick caught himself singing the "Little Einsteins" theme song at the office the other day!
Noelle
By
Anonymous, at 9:54 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home